Senior Python Engineer
Avenga is looking for an experienced Senior Python Engineer to join our team. The customer is a leading global financial consulting company, one of the largest asset managers in the UK. The company's line of business includes holding or owning securities of companies other than banks. As a Senior Python Engineer you will work on the content management system, helping to improve the management of texts and media on multiple resource sites.
Vacancy level: Senior
Team composition: QA Engineer, PM, BA, DevOps, 2 Front-end Engineers, 2 Back-end Engineers
Cooperation type: Full-time
Technology stack: Python, Django, Flask, PostgreSQL, MySQL, AWS.
Share the opportunity
What you bring along:
- 5 + years of commercial experience with Python;
- Proficiency in Python frameworks like Django, and Flask;
- Knowledge and practical experience with Heroku, GAE, or Amazon Web Services;
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, etc);
- Good at RESTful services, Client/Server Applications;
- Expertise in cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure;
- Familiar with robust testing and debugging tools;
- English – Upper-intermediate or higher.
Nice to have:
- Experience with RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL);
- Fundamental understanding of front-end technologies like CSS3, and HTML5;
- Knowledge of React.js/Angular.js/Backbone.js;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of software development professional experience.
This is your mission:
- Write clean, maintainable, test-covered code and work with our product team to create great products for our customers;
- Ability to lead/mentor developers and share knowledge through meetings and presentations;
- Be fully integrated into the tech team including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, etc;
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team;
- Contribute to the team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure;
- Take part in code review and refactoring processes;
- Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues;
- Adhere to Product and workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements.
- Our employees get regular performance and salary reviews;
- We offer an attractive social and benefits package;
- Everyone at Avenga is subject to professional growth via our mentorship program;
- The company provides extended training and certification opportunities;
- We foster professional freedom by offering free-of-charge English courses from A1 to C2;
- We stay up to date with the industry by embarking on tech talks, webinars, conferences, and hackathons;
- Avenga cares for its employees well-being by providing well-rounded health insurance coverage and fitness compensation programs;
- Our employees’ families are no less important, as we offer maternity aid and financial support for a number of family reasons, including marriage and childbirth;
- The company fosters a sense of professional belonging and an environment of togetherness: we achieve things together and celebrate our milestones.
Didn’t find a suitable vacancy?
Send us your CV.
Want to refer a friend?
More than just a place to work
Avenga is a perfect environment for anyone eager to build a successful meaningful career, as we work with both global and local projects.
Continuous care for people
Our employees are the company’s biggest asset. The reason we excel at projects is because we take proper care of our professionals who stand behind the solutions we deliver.
We are an international team of like-minded digital transformation proponents from Ukraine, Germany, Poland, the US and Malaysia.
We care for the planet and we care for people. This is why we aspire for sustainable excellence when it comes to setting up processes at Avenga and how we choose the projects we work on.
Mature experts you will cherish working with
Avenga is a self-development organism where seniors grow by mentoring juniors and vice versa.
Constant professional development
We believe there is always room for improvement. We will foster your growth by guiding and supporting you along your chosen path.