Senior Python Developer
Vacancy ID: 20276
We are a multinational team of highly skilled professionals with a strong digital mindset. We take pleasure in creating new solutions that have a real impact on our clients' business. We are more than 4300 professionals with offices in Europe, the USA, Asia and LatAm. At Avenga you’re not obliged to do anything…but empowered to do everything! Join our team!
Vacancy level: Senior
Cooperation type: Full-time, B2B contract, Contract of employment
Technology stack: Python, Unix, Data Analysis e.g. NumPy/SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, etc. and Matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, bokeh ect.
Share the opportunity
We are a multinational team of highly skilled professionals with a strong digital mindset. We take pleasure in creating new solutions that have a real impact on our clients’ business. We are more than 4300 professionals with offices in Europe, the USA, Asia and LatAm. We are looking for an experienced Python software engineer to further develop the Remote Patient Monitoring Data Analysis software solutions that help data scientists analyze the data from digital devices handed out in clinical studies. The successful candidate will establish processes and implementations to enable and facilitate the mining of digital biomarkers out of the aforementioned data.
This is your mission
- Develop the backend/ops software tools used in cutting-edge data science of Digital Biomarkers
- Implement signal processing and data analysis pipelines for processing large amounts of sensor data and metadata collected in clinical trials according to best coding practices
- Implement and maintain tools for data visualization, data versioning, and data analysis for non-expert users
- Modularize existing signal processing, data visualization, and data analysis pipelines to enable the reuse of pipelines across many different clinical trials
- Develop documentation and tests around the new and existing code
- Proactively collaborate with a team comprising data scientists, software engineers, and life science experts
- Actively support Data Scientists and Clinical teams with operational work and potential bug fixing during the Study period
What you bring along
- Bachelor with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Sciences)
- 3+, and ideally 4+, years of proven software development working experience
- Deep knowledge of Python and the frameworks around it
- Previous working experience with common Python data analysis (e.g. NumPy/SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, etc.) and visualization (Matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, bokeh) packages
- Knowledge of UNIX internals and workload management systems (SLURM)
- Familiarity with version control solutions, e.g. github/bitbucket and strong analytical skills combined with conceptual thinking and structured working style
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and speak fluently in English
- Private medical care
- Individual training budget
- Cafeteria system
- Psychological care
- Sports plans and sports teams
- Life insurance
- Possibility to change the project
- Dedicated income protection and third-party liability insurance for IT professionals
- Opportunity to develop competencies in Competence Centers
- Team-building events
- Support in day-to-day work (in project-related topics and administrative/HR matters)
Junior IT Recruiter
+48 501 453 788
Didn’t find a suitable open position?
Send us your CV
Want to refer a friend?
More than just work
Avenga is a place where the environment adapts to you. Our culture supports and embraces differences — both globally and locally.
You do what you love. We take care of the rest!
We do know how important work is at… work! That’s why we try to keep the formalities to a minimum and stay committed to supporting you at every stage of your journey with Avenga.
A community of thousands of professionals from around the world
Avenga teams work for hundreds of companies across the globe. This not only gives you a wide selection of projects to choose from, but also lets you share and exchange experiences within a supportive IT community.
Here, you’re not obliged to anything… but empowered to everything!
Go for freedom of choice and create a work environment without limitations. Choose projects, technologies, and frameworks that suit you best. Select the form of employment and decide when and where you want to work.
We care about the planet and the people. That’s why at Avenga we support local non-profit educational and environmental projects.
Experts you’ll want to work with
At Avenga, we will appreciate your skills and support you on the path you choose to follow.