Senior Data Engineer
Avenga is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer with leadership experience to join our team and lead a group of talented individuals. Our client is a leading global financial consulting company, one of the largest asset managers in the UK. The company's line of business includes holding or owning securities of companies other than banks. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our modern data platform. Your expertise in Snowflake, AWS, Python, real-time data solutions, and software engineering will be crucial in driving our data initiatives forward.
Vacancy level: Senior
Cooperation type: Full-time
Technology stack: Snowflake, Python, AWS, SQL
Share the opportunity
What you bring along:
- 6+ years of experience as a Data Engineer;
- Understanding of modern Data Platforms and Data Lakes;
- Proficient in a cloud DWH Snowflake;
- Deep expertise in software engineering (Python);
- Competent in RDBMS and NoSQL DBs;
- Knowledge and practical experience with AWS serverless services;
- Hands-on experience with Kafka and real-time processing frameworks;
- Expertise in managing infrastructure with IaC tools (we are using Terraform);
- Good at leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects;
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry, including MPP, Data Warehouse design;
- Great communication and presentation skills;
- English – at least an Upper-Intermediate solid.
This is your mission:
- Build and maintain a cutting-edge data platform using technologies such as Snowflake, Python, and AWS services;
- Build and optimize data pipelines, architecture, and data sets supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management;
- Design data storage layer for both data lake and data warehouse;
- Identify opportunities for internal process improvements, such as automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, infrastructure scalability;
- Monitor the health and performance of queries;
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and other stakeholders to understand their requirements, provide data solutions, and effectively communicate insights or findings derived from Data;
- Mentor a team of data professionals, providing guidance, support, and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- We offer an attractive social and benefits package;
- Everyone at Avenga is subject to professional growth via our mentorship program;
- The company provides extended training and certification opportunities;
- We foster professional freedom by offering free-of-charge English courses from A1 to C2;
- We stay up to date with the industry by embarking on tech talks, webinars, conferences, and hackathons;
- Our employees get regular performance and salary reviews;
- Avenga cares for its employees well-being by providing well-rounded health insurance coverage and fitness compensation programs;
- Our employees’ families are no less important, as we offer maternity aid and financial support for a number of family reasons, including marriage and childbirth;
- The company fosters a sense of professional belonging and an environment of togetherness: we achieve things together and celebrate our milestones.
Didn’t find a suitable vacancy?
Send us your CV.
Want to refer a friend?
More than just a place to work
Avenga is a perfect environment for anyone eager to build a successful meaningful career, as we work with both global and local projects.
Continuous care for people
Our employees are the company’s biggest asset. The reason we excel at projects is because we take proper care of our professionals who stand behind the solutions we deliver.
We are an international team of like-minded digital transformation proponents from Ukraine, Germany, Poland, the US and Malaysia.
We care for the planet and we care for people. This is why we aspire for sustainable excellence when it comes to setting up processes at Avenga and how we choose the projects we work on.
Mature experts you will cherish working with
Avenga is a self-development organism where seniors grow by mentoring juniors and vice versa.
Constant professional development
We believe there is always room for improvement. We will foster your growth by guiding and supporting you along your chosen path.