Senior Cloud Database Engineer
We are a multinational team of highly skilled professionals with a strong digital mindset. We take pleasure in creating new solutions that have a real impact on our clients' business. We are more than 4300 professionals with offices in Europe, the USA, Asia and LatAm. At Avenga you’re not obliged to do anything…but empowered to do everything! Join our team!
Vacancy level: Senior
Cooperation type: Full-time, B2B contract, Contract of employment
Technology stack: MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Big Data, Azure, SQL, PowerShell, Azure CLI
This is your mission
- Participate in the management and operations of SQL deployments
- Automate the build, operation, backup, restore, and monitoring of databases used across environments
- Develop and evaluate database infrastructure performance criteria and measurement methods
- Support day-to-day operations and management of enterprise-level production databases in the cloud
- Monitors user access and performance of the database systems
- Create and introduce best practices for cloud database operations
- Participation in maintenance windows and on-call rotation is required
- Contributing to other support and automation efforts as needed
What you bring along
- Minimum 8 years of commercial experience with MSSQL and Postgres
- Experience with Big Data concepts and technologies on the Azure platform
- Experience in performance tuning, high availability (HA/DR), data warehouse, replication/clustering, and partitioning
- Experience in creating stored procedures/ queries/triggers/views (SQL, PowerShell, Azure CLI)
- Exceptionally good knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics, data-at-rest encryption, secure connectivity, stored procedures, etc.
- Experience in optimizing database operations
- Focus primarily on security and practical experience as well as extensive knowledge of security and monitoring applications, security and ARM tools, Azure Monitor, Azure AppInsights, Azure DevOps, etc. and their integration with the CI/CD cycle
- Private medical care
- Individual training budget
- Cafeteria system
- Psychological care
- Sports plans and sports teams
- Life insurance
- Possibility to change the project
- Dedicated income protection and third-party liability insurance for IT professionals
- Opportunity to develop competencies in Competence Centers
- Team-building events
- Support in day-to-day work (in project-related topics and administrative/HR matters)
Didn’t find a suitable open position?
Send us your CV
More than just work
Avenga is a place where the environment adapts to you. Our culture supports and embraces differences — both globally and locally.
You do what you love. We take care of the rest!
We do know how important work is at… work! That’s why we try to keep the formalities to a minimum and stay committed to supporting you at every stage of your journey with Avenga.
A community of thousands of professionals from around the world
Avenga teams work for hundreds of companies across the globe. This not only gives you a wide selection of projects to choose from, but also lets you share and exchange experiences within a supportive IT community.
Here, you’re not obliged to anything… but empowered to everything!
Go for freedom of choice and create a work environment without limitations. Choose projects, technologies, and frameworks that suit you best. Select the form of employment and decide when and where you want to work.
We care about the planet and the people. That’s why at Avenga we support local non-profit educational and environmental projects.
Experts you’ll want to work with
At Avenga, we will appreciate your skills and support you on the path you choose to follow.