Avenga is looking for a highly skilled Data Engineer to join our team. Our client is a leading global financial consulting company, one of the largest asset managers in the UK. The company's line of business includes holding or owning securities of companies other than banks. As a Data Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining our modern data platform. Your expertise in Snowflake, AWS, Python, PySpark, real-time data solutions, and software engineering will be crucial in driving our data initiatives forward.
Vacancy level: Middle
Cooperation type: Full-time
Technology stack: Python, Spark, Kafka, Datalakes\Lakehouses
Share the opportunity
What you bring along:
- 3+ years of Data Engineer experience;
- Proficiency in modern Data Platforms and Data Lakes;
- Excellent in Python, PySpark, and SQL;
- Understanding of real-time data processing frameworks such as Kafka, Flink, or Spark Streaming;
- Knowledge and practical experience with AWS services;
- English – Upper-Intermediate or higher.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of database and analytical technologies, including MPP and NoSQL databases;
- Understanding of distributed systems;
- Experience with Snowflake;
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, preferably Terraform.
This is your mission:
- Monitor the health and performance of data queries and troubleshoot as necessary;
- Configure environment using proper security rules, and infra configuration scripts, and provide monitoring capabilities;
- Build and optimize data pipelines, architecture, and data sets supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management;
- Participate in the development and optimization of data pipelines, architecture, and data sets to support data transformation, metadata management, and workload optimization;
- Assist in designing the data storage layer for our data lake and data warehouse solutions.
- Our employees get regular performance and salary reviews;
- We offer an attractive social and benefits package;
- Everyone at Avenga is subject to professional growth via our mentorship program;
- The company provides extended training and certification opportunities;
- We foster professional freedom by offering free-of-charge English courses from A1 to C2;
- We stay up to date with the industry by embarking on tech talks, webinars, conferences, and hackathons;
- Avenga cares for its employees well-being by providing well-rounded health insurance coverage and fitness compensation programs;
- Our employees’ families are no less important, as we offer maternity aid and financial support for several family reasons, including marriage and childbirth;
- The company fosters a sense of professional belonging and an environment of togetherness: we achieve things together and celebrate our milestones.
Didn’t find a suitable vacancy?
Send us your CV.
Want to refer a friend?
More than just a place to work
Avenga is a perfect environment for anyone eager to build a successful meaningful career, as we work with both global and local projects.
Continuous care for people
Our employees are the company’s biggest asset. The reason we excel at projects is because we take proper care of our professionals who stand behind the solutions we deliver.
We are an international team of like-minded digital transformation proponents from Ukraine, Germany, Poland, the US and Malaysia.
We care for the planet and we care for people. This is why we aspire for sustainable excellence when it comes to setting up processes at Avenga and how we choose the projects we work on.
Mature experts you will cherish working with
Avenga is a self-development organism where seniors grow by mentoring juniors and vice versa.
Constant professional development
We believe there is always room for improvement. We will foster your growth by guiding and supporting you along your chosen path.