Backend Java Developer
Vacancy ID: 21577
We are a multinational team of highly skilled professionals with a strong digital mindset. We take pleasure in creating new solutions that have a real impact on our clients' business. We are more than 4300 professionals with offices in Europe, the USA, Asia and LatAm. At Avenga you’re not obliged to do anything…but empowered to do everything! Join our team! We’re building the future of banking. We’re on a mission to build the leading BaaS provider in the UK, underpinned by innovative technology and backed by client's reach and strong balance sheet. We’re not looking for just anyone. If you want to be part of a talented, diverse group of visionaries building a new company that will change the financial industry landscape, it is for you. We’re looking for people with drive and ambition and a sense of fun. We’re looking for Java Engineers who will work in one of the core cross-functional mission teams, helping to build core-banking technology.
Vacancy level: Lead, Senior
Cooperation type: Full-time, B2B contract
Technology stack: Java, Kafka, AWS, Sprint, Micronaut, Docker, Kubernetes, Agile, Scrum
Share the opportunity
This is your mission
- Deliver as a member of our mission team to build and develop the NatWest Boxed technology product
- Support and oversee junior engineers and act as a subject matter expert
- Develop clean, elegant, and reusable code that is well-tested and easy to maintain and extend
- Work with stakeholders across the business to drive the direction of NW Boxed engineering and put the long-term interests of customers at the heart of key decisions
- Collaborate across our backend chapter to uphold standards and best practices, and to promote innovation
- Working collaboratively with the team to resolve technical issues
What you bring along
- Solid practical and theoretical knowledge of Java software development
- Strong experience of Spring Boot / Micronaut
- An understanding of Kubernetes / Docker • An excellent understanding of AWS (deployment / configuration)
- Message-driven architectures / Kafka / event sourcing
- Success delivering within an agile
- Experience working on a highly secure application environment
- Fluent English
- Private medical care
- Individual training budget
- Cafeteria system
- Psychological care
- Sports plans and sports teams
- Life insurance
- Possibility to change the project
- Dedicated income protection and third-party liability insurance for IT professionals
- Opportunity to develop competencies in Competence Centers
- Team-building events
- Support in day-to-day work (in project-related topics and administrative/HR matters)
+48 500 739 919
Didn’t find a suitable open position?
Send us your CV
Want to refer a friend?
More than just work
Avenga is a place where the environment adapts to you. Our culture supports and embraces differences — both globally and locally.
You do what you love. We take care of the rest!
We do know how important work is at… work! That’s why we try to keep the formalities to a minimum and stay committed to supporting you at every stage of your journey with Avenga.
A community of thousands of professionals from around the world
Avenga teams work for hundreds of companies across the globe. This not only gives you a wide selection of projects to choose from, but also lets you share and exchange experiences within a supportive IT community.
Here, you’re not obliged to anything… but empowered to everything!
Go for freedom of choice and create a work environment without limitations. Choose projects, technologies, and frameworks that suit you best. Select the form of employment and decide when and where you want to work.
We care about the planet and the people. That’s why at Avenga we support local non-profit educational and environmental projects.
Experts you’ll want to work with
At Avenga, we will appreciate your skills and support you on the path you choose to follow.